There are sports that you can do if you have varicose veins, what’s more, physical activity is very positive to mitigate the effects of this circulatory problem.
In general, all aerobic exercises can be practiced if you suffer from this problem. However, before getting down to work, consult your doctor and remember that varicose veins are a condition that sometimes requires specialized treatment or even surgical intervention.
Steps to follow:
- If you wonder what sports you can do if you have varicose veins, the first thing you should know is that the activities that are best for you are aerobic activities. Remember an important rule, in order to obtain all the benefits of this type of exercise, you must practice them for at least half an hour in each session. The Zumba, the spinning or aerobics are some aerobic sports.
- The aqua gym, very appropriate to do sports in summer, it is also very suitable as a sport if you have varicose veins. In addition to being very complete since it involves moving a large part of the body’s muscle groups, the fact of being practiced in an aquatic environment makes it especially beneficial for people who suffer from varicose veins. It should be noted that this sport can be practiced throughout the year, since in winter there are many indoor pools or gyms that offer aqua gym classes.
- For this same reason, another sport that you can do if you have varicose veins is swimming. The style that suits you best is the breaststroke, because the legs are the ones that work the most. Anyway, if you prefer, you can also practice crawl, backstroke or butterfly. However, you should know that in these cases it is the arms that have a greater propulsion function and it is the legs that are usually most affected by varicose veins.
- Going for a walk will also come in handy as a sport if you have varicose veins. However, you have to take into account some recommendations, especially in summer. Try to take your walks very early or when the sun has already set, that is, avoiding the hours of higher temperatures. As you know, the heat will make your varicose veins worse.
- The Cycling is another sport you can do if you have varicose veins. The legs have a constant movement during the practice of this activity, a fact that makes it ideal to combat your varicose veins. If you prefer, the exercise bike will have the same benefits with the advantage that you can use it in summer without being hot.
- Playing sports on a regular basis is very positive to mitigate the problems that varicose veins entail. Also, you can attack them from other areas.