Are you going to do Zumba for the first time? You have to know that it is a very fun type of fitness class where you will burn a lot of calories and have a great time!
It is one of the fashionable activities in gyms and specialized centers and more and more men and women dare to try it. Are you one of them? If so, we invite you to read this article where we give you some good tips for the first Zumba class that will help you get in shape and follow all the movements easily and simply. Of course: at first it is normal to be lost! So, don’t despair: practice Zumba regularly and, little by little, you will get the hang of it.
First Zumba class: tips for success
The truth is that if you want to start doing Zumba, all you have to do is sign up for a class and go! It is a dance and choreography activity that a teacher performs and that you have to try to follow as much as possible.
However, there are some tips for the first Zumba class that are worth knowing so that you can enjoy the class completely and feeling that you are a little prepared.
Suitable footwear for Zumba
Choosing good shoes is essential to do any type of sport. And it hums too. Although it is a “dance class”, the truth is that the choreographies have very cardio and fitness movements that aim to put your body to work. So, you have to treat this class for what it is: a physical workout. And, therefore, you will have to be equipped with correct footwear that supports and protects your foot well.
It is not essential to dance well
Although Zumba is a dance class, the truth is that you don’t have to be a dancer. The choreographies that are marked in these sessions are fitness and, therefore, they are simple steps that everyone can easily learn. In addition, they are short dances that can be followed and whose steps are repeated, so it is not difficult at all!
Get close to the Zumba teacher
Another of the best tips for the first Zumba class is to be in the front rows of the room. It is important that, in the beginning, you capture all the steps and movements to avoid losing yourself. Think that, with time, you will get the hang of the dances and, in addition, many of them are repeated. Therefore, you will get used to each movement and choreography. But, at the beginning, it is essential that you are close to the instructor in order to better follow the class.
Wear comfortable and flexible clothing
Keep in mind that in Zumba choreography the goal is to move the body and thus activate the burning of calories. Therefore, you should be equipped with good sports shoes but also with comfortable and flexible clothing that allows you to do the movements well.
Dance freely for maximum enjoyment
One of the tips for you to enjoy the Zumba class is that you leave the embarrassment out of the room. It is important that you let yourself be carried away by the music since they will be Latin songs that, for sure, you will know. The goal of Zumba is to lose weight and have a great time at the same time, so don’t be shy! In addition, in the best classes you will see how the students sing, dance and laugh during the sessions and that is… that is the goal!
Quiet: you will get used to it
It is normal, very normal, that in the first class you feel lost. Do not worry at all: you are not clumsy or arrhythmic, you are simply not used to dancing Zumba. But calm down because, over time, you will pick up the steps and rhythms and, little by little, you will feel more comfortable and secure. Therefore, one of the best tips for the first Zumba class is not to throw in the towel. Insist, continue and do not give up because, in a few days, you will see how much fun you have.
Do easy Zumba to lose weight Tips
Now that you know some tips for the first Zumba class, below we are going to discover everything you can do if your goal is to lose weight. Many people join Zumba dancing in order to lose weight and achieve a healthier body. If you are also one of them, here are some tips that will help you lose weight with Zumba:
- Complement your exercise: in order to lose weight, it is important that you commit to healthy lifestyle habits. That is, it is very good that you exercise since it will help you increase caloric expenditure but, in addition, it is essential that you control your diet and bet on a healthy and balanced diet. In this other article we tell you how to eat healthy without dieting so that you can regulate your diet in a healthy way.
- Try to follow all the steps: in order to lose weight with Zumba it is important that you try to complete the choreographies completely. It is normal that, at first, it is difficult for you to follow the class but, little by little, you will pick up more rhythm and you will achieve it. Therefore, it is essential that you do all the dances and choreographies so that your calorie burn is higher.
- Drink water: during a Zumba class you can lose 500 calories and, therefore, it is essential that you replace lost fluids by drinking water. Always carry a bottle with you to hydrate yourself during physical exercise. In addition, water produces a diuretic effect that will help you eliminate fluids and, thus, lose weight.
- Be consistent: in order to lose weight with Zumba it is important that you be consistent in your practice. If you only go once a week you will not achieve hardly any results but, nevertheless, if you go 3 or 4 times a week you will see how your body tones up and loses those extra kilos. Consistency is the key to success. In addition, it is recommended that the classes last at least 30 minutes to get our body to burn more calories.
In case you want to do Zumba at home, you have to keep in mind that one of the tips for the first Zumba class is that you choose lessons adapted to beginners. You will find many types of classes online but you have to be consistent and not force your body. Little by little you will get results and feel more confident with exercise so don’t want to anticipate!
What is Zumba good for: 4 benefits of this exercise
Now that we have given you all the main tips for the first Zumba class, let’s stop at the benefits of this type of physical training. It is a very complete exercise that will allow you to take care of your body and improve your muscle tone. However, here we offer you a list so you know what Zumba is good for.
- Release tension and stress: Zumba is a perfect type of exercise to reduce stress from day to day. The reason is that it is a very fun class where exercise is mixed with Latin dances and that, therefore, will help you release tension. In addition, being a cardiovascular exercise, after the class you will feel full of well-being thanks to the fact that your body will release endorphins naturally.
- Improve coordination: in the classes you will have to learn different dance choreographies and, therefore, you will have to work on aspects such as memory and coordination. This is why, at first, it may seem a bit complicated to follow a class, but once you get used to it, you will have a great time!
- Lose weight: as we have already mentioned in the previous section, Zumba is a perfect exercise to lose weight easily since, in a single class, you can lose up to 500 calories. And, best of all, you will do it without even realizing it.
- Muscle toning: in Zumba choreographies there are movements and steps that aim to work and strengthen the muscles. For this reason, it is a perfect exercise to work the body well and reduce accumulated fat in specific areas such as hips, legs, arms, etc.