Jump rope is a very fun exercise reminiscent of childhood days, but it is also an excellent physical activity to keep fit, lose weight, and burn fat.
And this exercise is an excellent calorie burner. In fact, they burn more than with other physical activities, in addition to doing it in less time because it is a more intense exercise. Now, it all depends on how you jump rope and the pace you take.
From this article, we are going to explain to you how many calories are burned jumping rope so that you take it into account in your workouts and you can make more planning of your exercise routine, especially the cardio part. Thus, by controlling how many calories you burn jumping rope, you can determine the time of aerobic exercise with toning or other activities.
How many calories is 30 minutes skipping?
As we have discussed previously, skipping rope is an excellent exercise because it burns quite a few calories in a short time. In addition, the advantage it has is that you do not need a large infrastructure to do it because it is an activity that can be practiced in the gym, but also in the park and even in your own home, since you only need a jump rope.
But, well, let’s talk about calories now because surely you are wondering how many calories you burn jumping rope. Well the answer is that it is 340 calories if you jump rope for 30 minutes.
However, the calorie burn can be even higher depending on how fast you jump rope and if you jump a little higher than lifting your feet just enough to get the rope through. In this way, faster and jumping higher, you can burn more calories, being possible to even double the 340.
How you jump rope also influences the burning of calories. And it is not the same to always be jumping the same and in the conventional way to jump, for example, with the rope in the opposite direction or alternating the movement. Of course, the more effort, the more calories you will have burned jumping rope.
How to lose weight by skipping rope
Burning more calories skipping rope to lose your belly has its trick, so to speak. Well, rather, they are a series of options that you have at your disposal to increase calorie burn while jumping rope. And how is it done? What must be considered?
- Rope: The rope you choose is especially important. And it has to be the right length so that you optimize the exercise and be able to do the correct movements. And it is that, if it is very long or very short, you will have to force the position and you will not be able to go as fast as you want. To choose the rope well, make sure that the length is not higher than the top of your armpits when you are standing.
- Jumping– Jumping is also especially important because if you don’t jump properly, you won’t burn as many calories. You always have to jump with your feet slightly apart and with your body straight.
- Altitude: although when jumping it is always convenient that the jump is not just enough for the rope to pass, the truth is that it is not beneficial that the jump is excessively high because it will slow down speed, in addition to damaging the knees.
- Pace: to burn more calories jumping rope, you also have to vary the pace, alternating between a slower jump speed and a faster one because this will speed up your metabolism more.
- Style: Style variation is also important. The most effective way to burn more calories jumping rope is to jump with one foot first and then with both feet, only to jump back with the opposite foot and so on. Also, jumping rope while running is very effective.
Do you burn more calories jumping rope or running?
When it comes to talking about how many calories you burn jumping rope, there are always comparisons with other sports that do not require any apparatus or installation, such as running.
And the truth is that the rope beats running in relation to how many calories are burned jumping rope. In general, it is estimated that 10 minutes of rope jumping is equivalent to running for 30 minutes, taking into account that you have to do two jumps per second and practice running at a normal pace.
With these explanations on how many calories are burned jumping rope, we hope in a HOW TO have helped you to know more about this physical activity and how you can intensify it so that you control how many calories you burn jumping rope and organize your training. Always, before doing any exercise, it is advisable to consult an expert.